Steps to becoming a Real Estate Agent
- 1. Your very first step is to take the 90 hour pre-licensing Broker course. (You must be 18 years of age and have received a high school diploma or equivalent to apply for a license.)
- 2. Pass three 100 multiple-choice question tests with 225 points or average 75%.
- 3. Pass a State Examination with a 75% given by the state testing facility. The state exam currently is $61.00.
- 4. Once you are ready to process your license with a company, you will pay a fee to the Indiana Professional Licensing Agency to process your paper work and activate your license. You will have one year to do this or the commission will hold your license inactive until you decide where to place it.
- 5. Start interviewing with companies you are interested in. It’s good to choose companies that are going to put you through some sort of training and be in an office where you have a manager and mentors who can guide you through transactions.
- 6. Once you choose a company, you will need to join your local board of Realtors. (You will need to find out commission splits and any other fees during your interview with different companies).
- 7. Ask what is expected of you. This will help you determine if you have chosen the right company.
- 8. If you are interested in a career with McColly, please fill out our form.
- 1. Organization skills
- 2. Communication Skills
- 3. Confidence
- 4. Persistence & Positive Attitude
- 5. Time Flexibility
- 6. Relationship Support
- 7. Financial Stability – Savings that will ensure a new associate can live comfortably for the first few months of their career enables the associate to concentrate on real estate and not commission.
- 8. Team Player
- 9. Assertiveness
- 10. Service Oriented
Do you pride yourself in providing excellent customer service?
Many of our Top Producing Agents had former careers in education, insurance, retail and financial services and made the move to real estate!
We are looking for assertive, goal-driven and minimally tech savvy individuals to join our team.
A career in real estate sales offers several perks that a regular company job cannot, such as:
- · Flexibility in schedule; you can choose to work full-time or part-time
- · Set your goals for what you want to earn
- · As an independent contractor, you are the boss!
For an interview or for more information, call (800) 491-2184 ext. 2 and speak to one of our Career Counselors or fill out the form below.
To find out more about our Real Estate Pre-License classes, go to McColly School of Real Estate.